Open Source Search Engine Optimization
Sitemaps are very effective for search engine optimization. They inform search engines about the web pages to include in your site's search results, while also providing useful information for web site management.
The onSite toolset is designed to:
- Select the pages to include in your sitemap.
- Identify broken links in the current sitemap.
- Sort the sitemap view by page name or modification date.
- Specify the types of pages by their file extensions.
- Define the page priority and update frequency.
- Exclude specific pages and entire directories.
- Automatically generate sitemap.xml.
- Create multiple sitemaps for different domains or server directories.
This toolset implements standards for sitemaps defined by sitemap.org. It is designed to work independently or in conjunction with the widely used google-sitemap_gen sitemap generator, by combining a highly-configurable command line process with a web browser user interface.
The onSite toolset operates without a relational database through command-line scripts that generate data files relating to the web server content to be included in your sitemap. The command-line feature is designed to support multiple sitemap configurations as well as the ability to customize the server installation of the toolset itself. Data files and sitemaps can be generated automatically by placing the command-line processes in the server crontab.
Mozilla 4.0 Compatible
UNIX / FreeBSD / Linux Web Server - PHP 4.3